Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Golf in New York

We arrived in Duanesburg, New York on Tuesday July 24th at the Frosty Acre RV Park. Today we decided to play our game of golf in New York. Our GPS could not find Iron Works Golf, we stopped and asked several people, we finally arrived over an hour after we started out. On our way home, it took us 15 minutes. We were "traveling the back roads" and any body that knows me knows I do not like to just go for a ride-I want a destination... Another experience on the road.


When Ron asked where to pay and where was the cash register was, the owner smiled and  pulled money out of his pocket "right here". He  and his wife were delightful-no club house-just a "lay up-practice course"


The course was a par 3 and it was not the best course we have played on, but one of the most fun!



There was a  rock wall right before the green and I should have been able to get on the green with no problem!! but as you can see from the picture below-it did not happen. I then thought to my self-no problem, I will just use my 60 degree and pop it up the green. It was a problem-I hit the rock wall and the ball came back at me, hit a tree and almost hit me again!!


We have been waiting a long time for a day to be cool enough that we could empty out our golf bag, and clean the clubs and the bag.. Today was the day, nice wind and not too hot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment