Friday, June 8, 2012

Golf in Columbus, Ohio

6/7/12-The name of the course was National Golf Links and it is a beautiful, long (7200 yards at the blue tees) and  again, we had the course all to our selves until hole 16 when a two-some with a cart played through. The green fees were very reasonable-but what we lacked in green fees we will make up in buying more golf balls!!! We both lost our fair share!! We walked the course and for the most part it was flat. It was well maintained and the staff was really friendly. I forgot to have the golf course sign and our pictures taken on the course-I guess this retirement is really playing havoc on my memory.

I forgot to say that on the course we played in Kentucky that I never saw 1 women on the course or off, I asked the young man at the desk if women ever played golf at that course and he looked at me like I had one of my gray screws loose, and said "well no, very seldom". I asked the same question at the pro shop at the National Golf Links course and he said "maybe 3-4 women a WEEK".  I was dumb founded-I wonder what that says about the culture here?


Lots of water and of course lots of sand that called my name on a regular basis!


Three holes were over 500 yards
The rough was over six feet.

I was really concentrating- and it was  not even a par putt!!


At one of the holes there was a creek that ran through the middle of the fairway and it was a home for many frogs.


 We had a great day. Now this is what retirement is all about!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment