Sunday, November 25, 2012

Miami, Florida 11/20-24, 2012

We left Naples Florida and headed toward Miami, rather than go on freeway, we opted to drive through the Everglades on  highway nicknamed "alligator alley". Naturally we assumed we would see alligators all over the place! NOT! we never even saw any road kill. The day was dreary and we actually used the windshield wipers quite a bit. There were many places that offered air boat rides to see the Everglades and native animals. We had crossed off air boat rides from our bucket list when we were in New Orleans a few years ago, so we passed on doing it again..
 
 






We saw many beautiful unique birds, to us, but it was hard for us to get pictures when we were on the road and no easy place to turn off. Hopefully we will have an opportunity to take pictures in the future.


 
We arrived at the RV park and it is huge!! 250+ sites. Multiple RV pods with a nice restroom/shower room and a laundry room for 2-3 pods to share. Nice clothes lines that many people hang their wet laundry on, by the time our sheets were dry from hanging them out, the rest of our laundry was done in the dryers. Nothing smells as nice as sheets dried outside.
 

 
When we at the LPGA tournament we each had a free 10 minute golf lesson. The woman who taught me made so much sense that I decided to change my swing!! Yikes I had only practiced for 15 minutes prior to our golf game and WOW! I have never played such poor golf. It was so bad that after 2 holes I quit counting!! But I am not one to give up and I have been practicing in earnest now for 30+ minutes a day. The swing feels so much better, but the test will be if I can hit the ball!!
 


It was really cold when we first went out and I kept putting more layers on until I had no more clothes to layer. It finally warmed up, it was either the weather or my frustration with my golf that heated me up and I started peeling the layers off.
 
 

Beautiful golf course with beautiful white birds.


This duck? goose? kept following me around.


The sum of our Christmas decorations. We leave it outside and it gets more beautiful everyday.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment