Monday, February 4, 2013

Sunrise in Forida and Golf in Louisiana

 We left Milton, Florida on February 1st headed toward Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
 I usually drive the first thing in the morning, and it was unusual for us to be on the road prior to sunrise. With me driving the first leg it  gives Ron a chance to double check our route. 
We always have the camera handy and Ron took the beautiful pictures below.


When Ron called for a tee time this morning, the young man said it was wide open for us to just come in when we were ready. I should have known  when I couldn't zip up my carpi's
 (even laying down) that the day was going to be a challenge. 
The course was not in the best of shape, but the price was right and
 we decided to walk, since the course was extremely flat.

 My first hole I scored a 9, then on hole 2 a 12 (with 2 lost balls in the water), I parred
number 3 and I was thinking "well this isn't so bad". Well after another 12 and 2 more
 lost balls on the next hole, I picked my ball up and decided to not score any more!!
What a day!! I looked like I had never played golf in my lifetime!!
 There was lots of waterways on the course and multiple fairways went right
 through them. Those water ways challenged us both. My Ron had a much better
 day than I did, his score was ok and his golf pants fit him perfectly!! 

The weather  forecast was for rain tonight but after we were off
  the course for 15 minutes,the heavens opened up and really rained hard.
 Off to see the Louisiana state house tomorrow.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment